DevelopmentNow is a leading-edge digital agency located in the vibrant Central Eastside district of Portland. Our office shares the neighborhood with many partnering digital agencies and creative firms, plus we are close to the best coffeeshops this side of the Burnside Bridge.
We focus on using Agile methodologies, industry best practices, and innovative solutions to deliver tangible value to businesses and organizations via new technology and reliable processes. DevelopmentNow has provided digital solutions for a variety of companies, including startups, agency partners, and enterprise Fortune 500 firms. Some of our recent clients include Kelly Services, Microsoft, BBDO, AT&T, Ogilvy, Manheim, Avery Dennison, and Time Warner Cable. We're looking for a self-directed, driven, Android Developer to help us deliver technology solutions to industry-leading companies.
What We're Looking For
- You have at least 2 years of in-depth, recent native Android mobile app development using the Android SDK. NOTE: Hybrid or cross-platform technologies are great, but are not an acceptable substitute for native SDK experience.
- You are available to work onsite at our Portland office at least 1-2 days a week
- You are able to deliver results on time, and take responsibility for a project's successful outcome.
- You pay attention to detail, you have strong work ethic, and you have a positive attitude.
- You have experience collaborating with senior developers, project managers, and designers in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- You are professional, open-minded, and you have a team-oriented personality.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You have experience working with and connecting to APIs and other back end systems.
- You are great at technical problem-solving.
- You have experience with git for source control, and familiarity with online project management/issue tracking tools.
- You are able to provide realistic estimates and meet timelines.
- Years of other programming experience and/or CS degree
- iOS experience
- React Native experience
- Web or backend development experience
- Mobile UX/UI skills, or other design & creative skills
- Responsibilities of an Android Developer
- Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Working with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Be part of our growing company where your contributions and ideas truly matter. We are a tight-knit team of technologists who are committed to work/life balance. Our office in the historic RJ Templeton building (beside the Burnside Bridge) is a laid-back environment that fuels innovation, experimentation, and collaboration. Pay and benefits are competitive with the market.
The position will be contract or contract-to-hire, depending on the candidate, at 40 hours per week. Local candidates only. Please, no recruiters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce. We work with community organizations like Epicodus and Girl Develop It to encourage the next generation of Portland technologists.